We do not recommend long fasts, somewhere between 3 to 7 days is best. Some people start on fasts and stay on them for long periods of time or go on a fast and then off for a few days and then on again. We do not recommend this type of fasting.
Fasting should be used in moderation, to help the body cleanse, not as a replacement diet for food. One very major reason for this is because the colon was meant to handle bulk. When the bulk is taken away for long periods of time the colon, which is only a muscle in the body, atrophies from lack of use. Many times after extremely long fasts, it is hard for the colon to begin to function properly again.
1. Chronic illness-helps to restore health.
2. General cleansing of the digestive system, lymphatic system, glandular system.
3. Toning of all cells and glands, and rejuvenating or revitalizing the body.
4. To eliminate hardened material in joints and muscles. (Arthritis, Gout etc.)
5. To lose weight.
6. For those who need to gain weight, it helps to normalize metabolism of the thin person and revitalize and clean digestive systems so they can assimilate food better.
7. To cleanse blood vessels of plaque and build good blood.
What to Expect
1. Hunger the first 3 days. Also the first three days are usually the hardest for most people, so be patient. Drink as often as needed. Your body will probably start to feel hungry for solid food somewhere between the 5th and 7th day.
2. You should be able to keep up with your regular work and exercise.
3. You may have some dizziness or headaches as the toxins start to move into the system to be eliminated. The best thing to do if this happens is to take an enema as the wastes need to be moved out of the system.
4. You will probably feel better, have more energy and the senses become sharper during a fast than at any other time.
How to go on a juice Fast
** It is important to take at least one cleansing enema a day as the colon will not have the bulk needed to move the waste out. An enema morning and night is best. It is also important to exercise and get plenty of rest.
** You will need to invest in a juicer. They are well worth the investment as you will want to use fresh juices daily with your regulat diet as well as for juice fasts.
** Drink as much as you want. Drink fruit juices 20 to 30 minutes apart from vegetable juices. Never mix fruit and vegetable juices except for apple or pineapple in the green drink. You will find many kinds of juice fasts.
2018 Nature2u - USA